Yarra Yarra Golf Club, Bentleigh East

 

 

The Yarra Yarra Gold Club project involved a staged upgrade to bring the club facilities in line with contemporary expectations. The clubhouse was originally designed by A.G Alsop of Architects Plottel, Bennet + Alsop. Constructed in 1928, after relocating from its original site at Rosanna, it was designed in the Mediterranean style with a Spanish Mission influence common amongst Californian golf clubs of the time. Subject to a Heritage overlay, much thought and detail went into retaining principle elements and re-establishing the character that had been lost in the 1960s and 70s. Administration, change rooms and formal areas were extensively refurbished and a large addition containing new function areas, kitchen and service areas was constructed. [McDonald Coleman/Paul McDonald + Associates]